A cross country 5k race series which consists of 5 races between April and September.
First event for this season: Thursday, 4th April 2019
- To raise the profile of AVR
- To raise money for various projects
- To have fun
Not necessarily in that order!
Can I sign up online?
Frequently Asked Questions and other information
- Headquarters for the event.
- The Longs Arms, Steeple Ashton, BA14 6EU.
- The winner, 1st male and 1st female
- A medal for all runners who complete at least 4 events
which will be presented after the last event of the series.
- Spot prizes (sponsored)
- Souvenir prizes: None
- Parking and Car parks.
- Runners will need to find spaces on the road side (which is why the event is limited to 75 entrants)
- Organization and committee
- Sponsors (see folder) - LF
- Risk Assessment
- Suitability of the route - Not suitable for wheelchairs
- Marshals are required:
- At the sign post towards the end of the first straight track. Runners follow the sign, turning left
- or large arrows indicating the route
- After the wooden bridge - or tape - follow the tape and continue straight on.
- At the end of the first field to ensure that runners continue straight on.
- At a junction of two tracks to ensure that the runners continue straight on.
- At the top of the track at a junction to ensure that the runners continue straight on.
- At East Town Farm where the runners turn round.
- The race could be held with only one marshal (at point 6, the turn round point)
using tape and arrows instead of the other marshals.
- Cones - none
- Barriers - none
- Medical cover required: There will be two qualified first aiders.
- Dogs are not permitted due to risk of tripping.
- To display at event